Thanks from your winner, Zach

zachdixon-wI have to start by saying this whole experience was amazing, and totally not what I expected! I have had some fantastic questions from you all over the past two weeks and have been very impressed with what you came up with!

It was intense at times, with hundreds of questions coming in through the CHAT and ASK sections! Everything from astronomy to lasers and robots to plant and animal biology! You certainly are very inquisitive, true scientists!

I have learned a lot from the experience: your questions pushed me to rethink some of the things I would normally take as given — It’s always nice to get a new perspective! I think, and I hope you’ll agree, that I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here provides an ideal friendly environment to chat about science with no expectations, just for curiosity! And that’s what I have loved about it.

All students in the Xenon Zone acted as true ambassadors for their schools, all very polite and courteous — you should be proud of yourselves!

I also have to thank all the scientists who took part in the Xenon Zone alongside me, it was great to meet them and find out more about the areas of science they are involved in! Finally I want to say thank you to everyone who voted for me, I am incredibly happy to have won! I am currently planning the experiment kits that I will send to schools, so your teachers should be able to get their hands on those soon!

Keep up the good science!

Zach

Posted on March 26, 2014 by Moderator - Josh in News.